Specific. Measurable. Attainable. Relevant. Time-Bound
“ Goals that stretch us can be motivating “
To give a balance of all important areas in your life, set goals.
- Career – What field do you want to work , what level do you want to reach in your career and what do you want to achieve in your career?
- Financial – How much do you want to earn? How much do you want to save in the next 10 years, 30 years from now or when you reach retirement?
- Education –What course do you want to start/finish? What information and skills will you need to have in order to achieve other goals?
- Family – What does family mean to you? Do you want to be a parent? How many kids do you want?
- Attitude – Is any part of your mindset holding you back? Is there any part of the way that you behave that upsets you?
- Pleasure – How do you want to enjoy yourself, what kind of lifestyle do you want?
Set your goals and make them happen
Having goals big and small can be a way to have a happy and fulfilled life and the way we set them can impact how we achieve them. To achieve your goal you need to follow some basic steps.
Simple Strategies for Sticking to Your Goals :
- Visualize yourself achieving it.
- Weigh now against later.
- Create accountability.
- Make it smaller.
- Take your brain out of it.
- Surround yourself with success.
- Look back (reflect on your achievements)
- Prep for success.
- Know that you can do it.
- Just get on and do it!