Most Recruiters I meet are extremely talent short and, to be successful in this market, you MUST become an excellent talent manager. These are my top 5 tips for building a profitable candidate base.
1. Market map your sector. Where are the emerging opportunities in your sector? What are the hard to fill roles? What has changed about the sector in which you recruit?
2. Sort your client database into:
A. Prospects -those companies you want to work with as clients
B. Client companies - those companies who have paid you money in the last 12 months
C. Source companies - all those other companies in your sector. Make time to actively source candidates from these companies.
All companies should be sorted into the categories above.
3. Become an expert in your space. Join Groups on Linked In and engage with your market. Position yourself as having the best opportunities. Candidates will want to talk to you.
4. Be visible to your candidates and potential candidates. Do you need to use social media to become engaged with your potential candidates? Where do your candidates spend their spare time? Are you visible at trade shows etc.? Be where your candidates are if you can. Relationships are about people. Remember that.
5. Stay connected to your candidates, passive and active, placed and not placed. Work fewer candidates and work them better. Successful talent managers will place the same candidates every time they are looking to move.
Practice the tips mentioned above and you will be well on your way to building an excellent candidate base.
For more tips, training and invaluable experience, consider my new book "The Art Of Recruitment, Revised Edition"
Until next time, be the best you can be - Gaynor